Group buy of .30-40 brass by the forum members

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Culpeper

Re: Group buy of .30-40 brass by the forum members

Post by Culpeper »

Bought for 86 cents a case (Maybe). Auction for a 100 cents a case. What a deal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/605735523
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Stretch32

Post by Stretch32 »

I would bet no pictures because they haven't received it yet as well.

I ordered 100 cases when Graf showed "ample stock" but haven't seen a CC hit yet. Hopefully I manage to get my order. If so, I won't be looking for any more Krag brass for a while unless a good deal pops up.

Stretch

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I know that people are free to do as they please... but it sickens me that some would stoop to this level. But I guess my dad just raised me a little bit better because I know how to be fair and honest! >:(

I'm betting that the person listing the brass for profit like that doesn't even own a Krag!!!

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Doesn't even own a Krag! What sort of person is that?

BM1455

Post by BM1455 »

I got my shipping confirm the other day so I know I got mine. If they did this run maybe they will do another. Now that they see people really do want the stuff. Maybe they wanted to see how it went and what the feedback would be?
It sold out in less than a week. Now lets see what it is like.

Stretch32

Post by Stretch32 »

Looks like Captec / Jamison made the new 30-40 brass. Just got back from Europe yesterday and saw a follow up email from them to my previous email:

From the Captec Team

30-40 brass now available exclusively at Graf and Sons.

Sounds like they listened to all the requests we've been putting out. Pretty cool.

Stretch

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I took a look at the seller's other items, he has lots of auctions w/o pics.

bote

Post by bote »

Not familiar with Graf and Sons or Captec. Does Captec actually manufacture the brass cases or just source them? The selling price looks like they are set up for pretty large quantities. Based on the time it took for the run to sell out I'd expect them to do it again.

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

Evidently they have some more. I just ordered a bag 12-19-16 at 4:30 in the afternoon. Hope they're decent brass but they've got to be better than the mystery brass I'm using now.

reincarnated

Post by reincarnated »

Graf & sons is an Internet retailer. Captech (aka Jamison or Jamison International) is an actual manufacturer. They really do make the stuff. I have not seen any of their Krag brass but I have used their 25-20 Single Shot brass and it is better than any of the WRACo or Remington brass from pre-WW2 days.

I also have some of their 40-70 Sharps Straight brass. I fired it in my Hepburn with heavy loads and it stretched. Loads were probably too hot.