Post by Whig »

I'm doing this to protect the innocent!

Make America Great Again!

(Get her open for business!!)

FredC

Re: I'm Politically Correct by Wearing My Mask at Work

Post by FredC »

Speaking of masks:
I wore a mask in public for the first time yesterday. It was one of my old masks used when plowing. I had to repair the elastic by splicing in some rubber band. The mask is a commercial N-95, the box is so old that it did not have a use by date on it. Still was worried someone might accuse me of a using surgical grade. (I had given my surplus expired 2017 masks to the Floresville EMS, and they were glad to get them as they are now allowed to use expired products)

The grocery store is coming back now except paper goods. I have averaged about $100.00 in groceries per on weekly trips for several years. Last few weeks about $40.00 because there was nothing to buy. Even bought 2 dozens medium sized eggs, I usually get large or jumbo, but it is better than nothing.

About 25% of the other customers were wearing masks and I had to hold back from yelling "Who was that masked man!?"

Since politically correct is in the title of this thread and more than half of the mask wearers were female I should have yelled out:

"Who was that masked person!?"

FredC

Post by FredC »

More politically incorrect stuff.
In San Antonio they will not stop running the Via buses, to admit that buses are the best vehicle (pun intended) for transmitting the virus they have would scare the public away. They have spent millions of tax payer dollars encouraging people to use the bus, they can not admit that they should be shut down till C-19 is over. Two bus drivers have it now, one was on 18 routes exposing untold numbers. Good grief, where did common sense go! Get a car and drive by your self, none of this carpooling.

New York subways, I heard some one say that maybe they did not do enough sanitizing. Not sure if they understood the term air born. What was needed was for people to stop breathing while they were onboard. Masks then might have helped a little. Common sense VS political correctness.

Recently BR attached and ad for some Krag accessory, on that same page were countless small machines for home owners and small shops, hundreds of ads for dodads that people were making in small shops. Back in the nineties there was a concerted push in all levels of government away from manufacturing and towards "The service economy". Great we can now make all these special pizzas and other food for each other, cut each others hair and buy stuff from China. Oh, and I forgot sue each other. People working at home or in small shops would not be spreading this thing.

On China travel, self important types that flew back and forth to China that could not be bothered to self quarantine, Heard about a comedian on a cruise ship that flew to a couple of different places to throw off authorities that he had been on a ship with the virus. Did not want to miss his next gig. Landed in Washington state. Whether he is the one that started there local epicenter or not, self importance and a disregard for others.

Well I said it and feel better now. PI Fred (politically incorrect)

FredC

Post by FredC »

Well some good news. This C-19 is similar to the old SARS and MERV viruses. Is that good news - you say? Yes, and why: https://www.machinedesign.com/medical-design/article/21125616/coronavirus-weak-spot-possibly-identified?utm_source=MN+MD+Today&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CPS200227073&o_eid=4477F3984723I2I&rdx.ident%5Bpull%5D=omeda%7C4477F3984723I2I&oly_enc_id=4477F3984723I2I

The article is from a month ago so they should be that much nearer to an effective specific anti viral for C-19. Too bad they stopped the research when the earlier viruses went away.