Bogus new members?

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
psteinmayer

Re: Bogus new members?

Post by psteinmayer »

Bwaaahahahahahaha...

Beats my story about the hermit named Dave!

Oh, and I'm sure I'm me... or at least my wife thinks so ;)

Pentz

Post by Pentz »

Oh, THAT Pentz! Also as in Durham-Pentz Road?

Yup. I grew up one mile north of the old Wicks Corner on a narrow country road rebuilt into Hwy 79, now an abortion of an intersection at 148/70. When they had to avoid the meadowfoam and beavers the intersection was redesigned right over our old ranch house. Only the barn built by my grandfather remains. He's the one who built the springhouse across from the quarry on the old durham-paradise road when he was a county engineer in the 1930s. Got my degrees at Chico St./CSUC, left in 74 to pursue my dreams. Family still lives in Oroville. I'm retired in Vancouver WA. Might have to give you a growl next visit down in the spring. You in Chico?

Oh - and there is :
I'm not the fig plucker, I'm the fig plucker's son... :-?

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

About 45 min. southwest of Chico. Maybe we can say howdy - PMs for specifics.

While I'd heard of frugal Dave (and his cave) the fig-plucker is new to me.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Actually, my question was a serious one and not intended to bring up ribald images about people from Nantucket or Kent. Why are there hundreds of apparently fake member registrations on the KCA Forum? (Odd names, not screen names, and no posts).

Actually it is because we all have lives outside of this forum. It is an open forum and any one can register to be a member. If a member posts spam or trash they are banned and the posts removed. We monitor it to the best of our ability and respond as quickly as possible to alerts from members regarding spam. This has come to Josh's attention as well and he recently emailed us about up grading to address some of theses issues. We will do it as soon as we can.