JOHN42768

5 Mad Farmer Book

Post by JOHN42768 »

Anyone have any update as to when 5 Mad Farmer's book will be coming out? John

Dick Hosmer

Re: 5 Mad Farmer Book

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Haven't heard from Joe in awhile.

We sorta joke about how he occasionally "goes walkabout", as they say in Oz.

Hopefully, he's immersed in the printing process!!

I'm working hard on my second trapdoor guide. Here's one of the photos (of course, it will be smaller and in B&W) Image

JOHN42768

Post by JOHN42768 »

Hi Dick, That is good news about your book. So now you have one copy sold. I sort of backed off on trapdoors since my interest in Krag blossomed. I have not seen any of his post lately anywhere and his website no longer is operative. John

Old Soldier

Post by Old Soldier »

OK Dick, How much, when will it be available, can I pre order?
" Should it come to war... we shall place our trust in God and our Long Rifles" Continental Congress

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

"How much" will be up to North Cape. This one will have slightly more pages than my first, which was (still is?) $19.95. I'm thinking that it probably should not exceed $24.95.

"When" I cannot answer. I am finishing the photography now, expect to turn the "finished" ms in by end of June. After that, it will go through editing, and be inserted into NCP's printing cycle. I would think the BEST outcome would be "in time for Christmas" (Joe Poyer likes that) this year, but I can easily see it not coming out until early-mid 2015.

I'd guess you could pre-order, but it really isn't necessary. If you want a personally autographed copy, they will only be available from me. I do not charge anything extra for this. The first book, signed, is presently $25 which includes Priority Mail postage. My mailing address is POB 1367 Colusa CA 95932. I cannot quote a firm price for Book #2 until the base is set by NCP.

Thank you for your interest.

Here is another picture - can you tell me what rifle it is from?Image