Serial Number List

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Re: Serial Number List

Post by Whig »

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Thanks, but same thing. List comes up white for maybe one second, then goes gray with a little dialog box at center. "these instructions" tell you clear your cookies/caches, which I have done (KCA only). Still stumped but thanks for the try! ;)
KragBS.png
KragBS.png (481.67 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Refer previous post. The "feedback" button does not work at all, while the "reload" button gives a microsecond blip to the list and immediately reverts to the gray. EVERYTHING else at KCA works just fine, as it always has, so I have to assume the issue is specific to the s/n file. I am perfectly happy to change user name and password, but I THINK that will be rejected due to use of same email. Any help from admin level would surely be much appreciated. Thank you.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Dick, sorry this is giving you so much trouble. It is, unfortunately, above my pay grade. I have passed it along and we are hopeing to get it resolved

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Thanks, Ned. It's an annoyance but not the end of the world. Since the "add" file apparently works, maybe I should post some 1898C numbers, and see if that makes it "like" me again. Certainly willing to try anything the pros suggest, except dumping all my caches or changing my email. Really appreciate your help.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Dick,
I have ever owned an apple anything, but windows computers sometimes download files instead of opening them. I click on them a couple of times and nothing. When I go to downloads there they are ready to be opened. I do not even know if Apple computers have a downloaded file anywhere, but it might be worth looking for. Windows hides the folder in different places depending on the version.
Last edited by FredC on Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Well Fred - we're even - I've never owned a PC!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the Mac does have a download process, and, just recently - but NEVER before in 35+ years - I DID have a (text) file download instead of open.

However, I've just checked my downloads folder and that is not what is happening here, but hey, thanks for the suggestion!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I have, again, cleared the two (are there more?) KCA cookie/cache files in Safari preferences. This made me log in again, of course, which went fine, though I was greeted by name - not sure how THAT happened since I'd just cleared the files? Is there one I'm missing? Don't mind manually entering my name and password if that will fix the problem.

I ALSO cleared every Google-named cookie/cache file.

Also, while not done specifically for this issue, I HAVE restarted my computer during the time this problem has existed. I normally leave my computer on, letting it sleep while not in actual use.

Sadly - none of that has worked.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Dick, I have used Apple computers exclusively since 1982, my second year of college. I got this thing called a word processing program in 1983 and started writing my papers on the Apple. Amazing how primitive it all was back then. I have, also, never owned a pc computer.

Good luck figuring this problem out. I can't instruct you on a fix which I might be able to figure out directly. Cache is the first thing, do you have an ad blocker that might be interfering? You could download ands try "Brave" browser like I use.

Larry

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Well, I installed "Brave", and, while I have NO idea why, but, so far, it works. Thanks for the suggestion Larry!