Baltimore Show

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Ned Butts
Site Admin

Baltimore Show

Post by Ned Butts »

Any one attending the Maryland Arms Collectors Association Baltimore show, please make an effort to visit with KCA founding members with tables there. Those that I can think of right now are Dan Lowery, Dave Clark, John Spangler, Charlie Wheeler, Tom Pearce, Scott Duff, Dan Klemens (who hangs out at Scott's table) and I believe Craig Kirkup also has a tabe there. Doug Rainbow and Carl Weiss are often there but I don't believe either has a table. If I missed any one just post here!
This is a top notch show with a lot of great things to see and people to meet and well worth the visit!!!!

Dick Hosmer

Re: Baltimore Show

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I've always wanted to go, but, being 2000 miles away, and on an ever-tightening budget spiral, I doubt that it will ever happen.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Too bad you are so far Dick you would like it.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I'd go too, but also... Michigan is a bit of a drive! Hope you have a great show though.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

I have never seen so many Krags and trapdoors at any show ever!!!
We saw an 1898 rifle with a Parkhurst device on it and no serial number! A Parkhurst lunch box special!! Also one with the muzzle threaded for silencer!
We never saw Tom Pearce or Dave Clark, any one heard from them?

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Yes, it was a fantastic show. Great to talk to some of our KCA buddies. Also fantastic to see guns like the "lunchbox Parkhurst" and the Krag fitted for silencer. Of course, since I was carrying a long Krag to sell, there were loads of Krags for sale and it seemed everyone was looking for a '96 Krag instead of a '98. I did pick up a very rare Schultz and Larsen RPLT 42, which are chambered in 8x58R, so I was quite satisfied.
I am not sure about Pearce and Clark either.