1943 Krag with Nazi Swastika Eagle Stamps

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Rtc04

1943 Krag with Nazi Swastika Eagle Stamps

Post by Rtc04 »

Hi there new to the site and trying to get more info on my gun. As the subject states I have 1943 Krag 6.5X55 with Nazi stamps.
I'm looking to see what this rifle is worth. I have owned it for 10 years or so now and only shot one box of shells through it, It works great and is in good condition.
Any help would be great.
I have many pictures but file size's are to large to upload

butlersrangers

Re: 1943 Krag with Nazi Swastika Eagle Stamps

Post by butlersrangers »

Rtc04: Welcome to the KCA Forum. It sounds like you have a Norwegian Occupation Rifle. These were sometimes 'new builds' and sometimes 'remodeled, scrubbed, earlier arms' and are dated 1943 and 1944, with Nazi stampings. The stock configuration was quite different from regular Norwegian models and caused their being referred to as 'Stomperud' Krags. (Stomperud is a Norwegian comic strip character).
Value is always tied to condition and completeness. You should take new pictures of your rifle that are close, clear, and low in pixels, or alter your pictures to post as 'documents'.
This would allow a fair and accurate evaluation and appraisal. (The 'Occupation carbine' has a 24 inch barrel and hooded front sight. There is also a Model 1894 style 'occupation rifle' that has a 29.5 inch barrel).Image

Rtc04

Post by Rtc04 »

i will take more pictures with a lower quality camera. all my pictures are 6 mb and over

svartkrutt

Post by svartkrutt »

If you download this image resizer you will be very glad you did. It instantly will shrink your picture size to make it easy to download them. Once you download the resizer all you have to do is right click on the picture and it gives you options to what size (large, med., small, thumbnail,) you want the picture copy to be. It does not change the original size, just gives you a smaller copy to download. I have been using it for many years with no problems.
http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/82827
Always looking for antique Norwegian arms.