Krag Sights On Winchester

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Knute1

Krag Sights On Winchester

Post by Knute1 »

Here is an article on a Winchester single shot musket set up to feel like a Krag rifle. It could be supplied threaded on the barrel to receive a Krag rear sight.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Hardware_Dealers_Magazine/tc1NAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=krag+jorgensen+reunion&pg=PA263&printsec=frontcover

King carp

Re: Krag Sights On Winchester

Post by King carp »

It would be nice to get lucky find one of those today. I really like .22's.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Interesting look at hardware suppliers in the past. I always have been curious how hardware stores got there merchandise in the old days. Local Ace store has people that come in and stock certain areas of the store with Chinese imported hardware. I guess searching for American made stuff is too hard, people that were inclined to invent and make stuff here will not be able to get in front of buyers whose eyes are on China.

waterman

Post by waterman »

Here is an article on a Winchester single shot musket set up to feel like a Krag rifle. It could be supplied threaded on the barrel to receive a Krag rear sight.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Hardware_Dealers_Magazine/tc1NAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=krag+jorgensen+reunion&pg=PA263&printsec=frontcover

Not all that uncommon if you hang out with the single shot enthusiasts. Very early muskets had Hotchkiss sights. The magazine illustration is a pre-1904 "1st model Winder" with the Krag sight about where it would be on a Krag. 2nd model (1905-1917) had the Krag rear sight moved back, placed right in front of the receiver ring. 3rd model (1917-1921) replaced the Krag rear sight with a much better Lyman Mod. 53 aperture sight. How many made? My guess is 20,000+.

Go to ASSRA forum and search for "Winder musket".