Camp Perry 2019

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Culpeper

Re: Camp Perry 2019

Post by Culpeper »

Whimper whimper

No Sister, not the yard stick.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Looks like my first grade teacher! Probably why dad had me with a non-Nun for second grade. I suspect he grew tired of paying for broken yard sticks!

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

Well, best laid plans have gone awry. Had to cancel Perry this year. This would've been 20 years.
Vic
Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

That sucks Vic!!! I almost had to cancel too, as my Niece is getting married, and I'm doing her wedding cake. Fortunately, her wedding is the week before, so I'm going to Perry. Gonna miss you this year!

Plan for next year!!!

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Fiscal problems have decided for me, I'm not going this year. Shoot, I really haven't paid for any of the trips since 2010! Really though, I'm just not ready. The Garand has been giving me a hard time, I don't have any loads ready for it, etc. The Krag needs the front sight replaced, and I have no extra bucks for range time. I can get a lot more bang for my buck shooting in 88rd local matches. They only charge a $10 entry fee, and I can still hold the AR up!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Well make plans for 2020. Heck I'll even pick you up on the way from Gettysburg if you are tapped out in the wallet. I know you're good for it. I'll jest hold one of your Krags hostage for a while.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I should have some of the credit cards paid down a bit by next year. As it is now, I can't get out of the house to play much at all! I did score one of the components of that good bullet alloy at a reasonable price recently. If I can't get out much, might as well do something useful! I have some new to me molds to try out!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Yeah? Did you find a stash of tin for ten cents a pound?

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Well... I'm bummed that I'm not going to see any of my shooting buddies this year! :'( I guess it will be just Ronald and myself on the firing line. Next year, we're going to have to make it a BANNER year! Everyone start planning now!!! (You too Chuck)

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Yeah? Did you find a stash of tin for ten cents a pound?

Close, but not quite. A couple of lead based babbitt ingots for less than $10. Got enough to mix up about 15lbs of alloy. That'll make around 500 311284s or 311365, or more of a lesser weight bullet.