SAW Display at MAAC Show

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

SAW Display at MAAC Show

Post by butlersrangers »

At last weekend's Michigan Antique Arms Collectors Show, there was a very attractive display, assembled by Mr. Larry Serdoner.

It featured Arms, Uniforms, Photographs, Documents, and camp articles dating from the War with Spain.

Larry very kindly allowed me to take some photographs of his interesting and extensive display. He gave permission for them to be posted and shared on the KCA Forum. ImageImageImageImageImage

Baltimoreed

Re: SAW Display at MAAC Show

Post by Baltimoreed »

I picked up one of the Span Am grave markers many years ago at a Raleigh gun show. Thought it was neat. Few survived scrap metal looters or metal drives of the 1st and 2nd WWs. I built a stand for it and have a flag in the holder on the back. I also have a pin that looks the same and a smaller sweetheart pin for the gal I left behind, [not really]. But what is the round metal disc with the US in the third photo? And thanks for posting.Image

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Baltimoreed' - I'm not sure of the purpose of the round bronze SAW plaque. I've seen them before, but, never paid much mind.

I was more focused on guns and 'Detroit Light Infantry' roster.

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

I did some digging. Its a generic US veteran bronze plaque. Image

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I wish the gov would come up with a plaque for the Cold War. I heard it was bigger and longer than all of those "little wars" like the one that ended in '45 or those two non wars a few years later.

Frankly I think the SAW plaque is a cool design with the GAR plaques in the number two spot.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I like little isolated family and community burial grounds that have the remains of a War of 1812, C.W. or SAW veteran.

It is very neat, when an original bronze/flag marker 'survives', to mark and draw attention to the grave.

It is sad 'low-life's' vandalize such places and steal the markers.

When, one of my sons lived near Scranton, Pa., I discovered such a burial during one of my walks. Many people drove and jogged by the site unaware.

Some local Boy Scouts learned of it and now take care of it.ImageImageImage