Krags in the News

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Culpeper

Krags in the News

Post by Culpeper »

Look who had a Krag.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6518147/Bonnie-Clydes-descendants-want-notorious-couple-buried-together.html
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Knute1

Re: Krags in the News

Post by Knute1 »

Finally looked into the website. Haven't seen that photo before. I remember seeing a Krag against a car bumper, but don't remember if it was Bonnie and Clyde or another gangster's. Dillon? It does make you wonder what the motivation is to bury Bonnie next to Clyde.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

The subject of this Bonnie & Clyde "Krag" came up recently on the 'Gunboards Forum'.

The Krag appears to be a cut-down model 1898 rifle or 1898/1899 carbine in a shortened rifle stock, with a front barrel-band 'jammed on'. There appears to be a butt sling-swivel.

The rear-sight appears to be a model 1896 sight with a carbine, 'protective-lump', hand-guard.

(p.s. I have never understood the current fascination, some devote to these 'Losers'.
Maybe it was more understandable, back in the 'Depression Era', when many people may have felt failed by the economic system.
Still, the adults and children of the Depression were pretty honest, law abiding and religious people, hard working, with a high regard for human life). ImageImage

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

I agree!
Vic
Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member