new krags??

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
1944Krag-steyr

new krags??

Post by 1944Krag-steyr »

I was wondering about weather or not anyone has looked into producing new krag rifles. I absolutley love my krag, its balance, feel, weight, and bolt action. But it is a Nazi era Stomperund krag that is apparently rather rare and i am not to keen on the idea of taking it out into the field. Also, i dont really want to take another original krag and wear it out in the field just because i like it. Im pretty up to speed on restoring old cars, i dont see why the same thing couldnt be done on the rifle. Retool the parts for the reciever, and possibly modify the design a little to handle higher case pressures, while maintaining the beautiful action, and have a new rifle, ready for use.

Does anyone know a place that may have the ability to copy and send the blueprints for the krag action, and would i need to pay anyone royalties to do this? I have access to a machine shop, i dont see why i couldnt make reproducion rifles, true to the originals, from billit blanks of sutable metals. Any help on this would be appriciated.