Krag 1896 springfield

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Joe avola

Krag 1896 springfield

Post by Joe avola »

Need info on a krag rifle.I just picked up a 1896 30/40 krag rifle in exc condition. I was wondering what it would be worth.

Martin Wagner

Re: Krag 1896 springfield

Post by Martin Wagner »

Joe: I just noticed your posting about the '96 Krag with no response for several days.

I am neither the moderator of this Forum nor the Krag police, but if you really want an answer there are several words worth using, and they are PLEASE and THANKS.

Also........how is anybody to know what you have? You give no physical description, no serial number, no condition, no cartouche information, no sight information......nothing. The gentlemen who permeate this educational Forum are not mind readers, nor do they wish to be 'barked' at in the manner you posed your question.

I suggest you repost it and add the items that I have mentioned above, and then perhaps you will get an answer.

oldammoguy

Post by oldammoguy »

Mr. Wagner seems to have been a little grumpy when he posted his response - I hope this isn't always the case. I'm just a guest here, but I see no excuse for not exercising a little civility. Joe was looking for a information - if the way he made his request bothered you, why not just ignore it.

scottymac

Post by scottymac »

I agree with oldammoguy and wish to thank him for his response.

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Alright, before this gets carried away and into a big debate. We all have our different limits of tolerance for certain things, and who is right or wrong is not the issue. As in any part of our society, when a person asks for information or assistance, that person should be polite. So, when asking for information from the people using our forum, we should all try to ask politely. When someone does ask, in a socially acceptable manner, let's try to help them out with as much knowledge as we can supply.

Remember it is always nice to ask for help and to thank anyone for their assistance, here or anywhere in our society.

Let's all try to remain polite and civil. We are all here to try to learn more about and share our knowledge of the great Krag rifle.

Regards,

Tom
[glb]KCA[/glb]

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

To All,
One point that has been missed in all of this is the content, or lack of, in the original post. We all need more to go on if we are to assist Joe or any one else who comes to this site. We need the full serial number, a clear desciption of the condition of the gun, barrel length front sight post configuration(band or braized to barrel) type of rear sight(they can be found on the home page pictures section) is there a hand guard, reciever markings and stock markings. Stock length, number of bands and sling swivles can also help.
Take the time to give us all the basics and we will have a better chance to help you.
Thanks,
Ned