Hey new member and looking at a krag

U.S. Military Krags
Yzf

Hey new member and looking at a krag

Post by Yzf »

Hey guys new member and this is a great site. I am curious do you guys have any posts or links so a site or pics of perfect/correct krags? For example k98k.com has stickies with photos of specific rifles to compare what we find in the field to. They are correct examples of rifles. I'm looking to buy a original krag and am starting my research since I don't wanna buy a rifle for 1500 if it's not period correct thanks guys.

Dick Hosmer

Re: Hey new member and looking at a krag

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Welcome!

Have a look at www.picturetrail.com/sa4570af

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Thanks yours is in the same seriel range as mine. I'll just go see the guy this week and take some close up pics and post them here and see what the outcome will be. Thanks for the link.

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Any advise on what to look for? Or what to avoid ?

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Hi Yzf... and welcome to the forum!!!

What to look for all depends on what you're looking for (if that makes sense).

If you are looking for something to shoot in Vintage matches, then anything that's in "As Issued" condition will do, so long as it's complete. This can include rifles that have been restored or altered (i.e. switching rear sights and handguards, new barrel, etc.).

However, if you are looking for a museum quality wall hanger, then that's going to be harder to find... and cost quite a lot more!

Good, As Issued shooters are out there, and won't break the bank either (under $1,500).... and there are plenty of very helpful - and knowledgeable people here who can help you along the way (Mr. Hosmer being one of the best)!

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Thanks for the reply I am looking for something that is original and not refinished or altered. I want a nice preice of history to collect and keep it in good condition. I'm not looking to buy something for 3000 but I don't want to buy a 1500 shooter when I know there are 600-800 shooters out there ya know I'm not that knowledable with krags

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Here is a photo of it in the ad I will go there and get way better pics to post with much more detail and closer shots Image

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Here is another and it does not come with the bayo Image

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Description .... any red flags ? Image

Yzf

Post by Yzf »

Any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys trying to make sure I'm not overpaying here