Krag Stripper Clips

U.S. Military Krags
bote

Re: Krag Stripper Clips

Post by bote »

Great pics Parashooter. Thanks for sharing.

musketjon

Post by musketjon »

Wow Paul. That's IMPRESSIVE!! Thanks for the video. I'm definitely going to have to get a few of those.
Where does one purchase them?
Thank again.
Jon

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Message sent Jon

dalmar

Post by dalmar »

Do you make these stripper clips for the 30-40 Krag? Or do you know where I can get one? I have a Krag and shoot it in competion, I would really like to get one of your stripper clips.

Thank you
Dale Martin
dmarti55@columbus.rr.com

Whig

Post by Whig »

Since this post is 7 years old and Paul may not see it for a while, I will answer based on his previous comments to this question. He does not make the Krag chargers anymore. No one that I know makes these and they are rarely available anywhere. I think your best bet is to try to make your own. Some people have used the vintage Swiss K31 chargers which can work but not perfect.

Maybe someone else will have more suggestions.

Oh, and welcome to the KCA forum! Please tell us more about your Krag adventures, what you have and what you enjoy with your Krag. Many of the members here shoot competitively. I shoot my Krags a lot and reload a lot also.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I intend to ramp up production of the chargers later this spring, like April or May. Hey, a guy needs a hobby and the wars are over in the fun parts of the world. I need to make some moola.

But if you really need one now, dalmar, I will sell you my charger.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Parashooter

Post by Parashooter »

This is a simple home shop project - sheet metal (~.015""), snips/scissors, file, pliers, soldering setup (bench vise helpful but not essential). Aluminum version uses folded top joint, brass or copper use solder. Even made one from an empty WD40 can. It works.
Smooth all edges with sandpaper/emery cloth to avoid hurt fingers. :P
Scale print of template so ruler measures 6" - you'll figure it out :idea:
KCsale2.jpg
KCsale2.jpg (20.09 KiB) Viewed 540 times
KCsale3.jpg
KCsale3.jpg (19.3 KiB) Viewed 540 times
KCtemplate.jpg
KCtemplate.jpg (317.45 KiB) Viewed 540 times
KC16.jpg
KC16.jpg (15.78 KiB) Viewed 540 times

Whig

Post by Whig »

Thanks for the template Parashooter!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

dalmar wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:52 pm Do you make these stripper clips for the 30-40 Krag? Or do you know where I can get one? I have a Krag and shoot it in competion, I would really like to get one of your stripper clips.
Whig wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:53 pm Since this post is 7 years old and Paul may not see it for a while, I will answer based on his previous comments to this question. He does not make the Krag chargers anymore.
I did make them for a couple years... but I had to slow down because it got to be too much and was taking time away from some serious family issues at the time. Then... I discovered that someone I had made a few for (that I thought I was actually doing a favor for :evil: ) had resold them on EBay along with his ammo pouch, AND advertised them as HIS own making, even including MY use instructions (which clearly showed my Krag and hands demonstrating in the pictures) as his own. Well, that really burned my tushie to the point I said I was DONE making them!!! I actually have several I started a few years ago sitting waiting to finish out... but again, don't have the time to commit to it anymore. At this point, I'll be lucky to get my ammo loaded for Camp Perry, let along get other stuff done!

I truly am sorry that I can no longer make them, because I really did enjoy it, and loved that I helped shooters, especially those who shoot at Perry. who knows... maybe things will ease up in the future and I'll get a few out.

Paul

dalmar

Post by dalmar »

Yes I would like to have one of your stripper clips

Contact me at. smarting55@columbus.rr.com

Thanks
Dale