Missed Opportunity

U.S. Military Krags
butlersrangers

Missed Opportunity

Post by butlersrangers »

Shouda, Coulda, Woulda, ....

The other day, I was outbid by 25 cents for this pair of sight blades on ebay, at the last moment. The pair sold for $20.50, shipped.

I don't know what the one on the left is for (Winchester?), but, the one on the right appears to be for the model 1896 & 1898 carbines, with the model 1896 rear-sight. A loose one is mighty hard to find.

I had no immediate use for the blade, so, I did not submit a very high bid. It would have just resided in my spare parts box.

I hope it went to a 'good home'.Image

Dick Hosmer

Re: Missed Opportunity

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I believe the other one is for a late-model trapdoor carbine. Never had one out, but the profile looks about right, and, would make more "sense" (i.e. US martial) if from same source.

MPF

Post by MPF »

Don't kick yourself to hard. Since you don't know what the winning bidder put for a max bid you might have been outbid by $20.25 or more.

All this really tells you was you were number 2the first loser. >:(

I hate being in that position, wondering would if $1-2 more would have gotten it. I would much rather lose the auction by a lot.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'MPF': Me too! I prefer not to even be in the hunt.
(Especially, if I get a model 1896 carbine that needs a correct front sight blade in the next year).

My wish is that the sight-blades went to a KCA member or a collector of limited means and that they complete a couple of nice carbines, (Krag and Trapdoor).