"1895" marked receivers?

U.S. Military Krags
Dick Hosmer

Re: "1895" marked receivers?

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Re: Joe Farmer's Research

Sadly, I do not get along with Mr. Farmer and the way he treats and assassinates the character of people he takes an exception or dislike to.

(There seem to be long gaps in his participation on other Forums, like 'Culver's Pages'. He has stated: he does not participate on the KCA Forum, because, I do. I have noticed at times his 'Going Off' on other people, some quite knowledgeable and Forum Moderators).

I can not be comfortable ordering his 'Book' from him because he despises me. I do regret not having access to his research, analysis, and vast knowledge on American Krags.

This is all quite uncomfortable for me and way out of my experience with most of the 'Gun Collecting Fraternity'.

You should go the "third party route", then. The book is well worth reading. Get your next door neighbor to order it for you.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I've considered getting a copy via the local book shop. However, I understand the photos did not print well and there is a need to go to Mr. Farmer 'site' to get clearer views and make inquires. Quite awkward.

reincarnated

Post by reincarnated »

My understanding is that Mr. Farmer's book is rather expensive. I think the purchase should include decent photos.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Joe definitely marches to his own drum, and it can be frustrating to interact with him.

His writing "style" is not (for better or worse) what we are accustomed to, and the photo quality is not what it could have been.

BUT, that said, his work is thought-provoking, corrects some errors/omissions in Mallory/Brophy, and particularly Poyer - and, in my opinion, any serious Krag collector would be well-advised to spend the $40.