What have I got?

European Krags
RV-6

Re: What have I got?

Post by RV-6 »

Madsenshooter,

It seems that I picked a good home for the Stomperud! Keep posting pictures so I can watch the restoration progress.

A big question is; Why not fire the rifle?

Regardless, my father would approve of the work you are doing.

Gary

RV-6

Post by RV-6 »

A mention of the Stomperud sold on gun broker and maybe was purchased by a Nazi memorabilia collector could be correct.

We had a garage sale a few weeks ago and I had an old WWII bayonet for sale. I picked it up at one of the many gun shows my father and I went to when I was little, most of them private affairs. There were no markings on the outside of the bayonet but on the inside of the handles was the same proof markings as on the Stomperud. I wanted $2 for the bayonet and a little old German lady gave me $50. Go figure.

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

It will get fired Gary, maybe even in the Vintage Rifle Match at Camp Perry next year. Those 6.5mm bullets are hard to beat. I'll keep track of the number of rounds that I fire through it as a selling point, if it isn't a large number. I don't intend to sell it soon, I have a grandson who lives out in the country and is nearly old enough to have highpowered rifles.

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Wow! These things are coming outta the woodwork all of a sudden. Grey blanket guy again. Notice that the front end appears to be done differently on this one, it's ahead of the step in the barrel, as I've been figuring on doing. Or rather it appears the barrel has been turned down to fit the band. The difference in length between what I'm seeing, and how I intend to do it isn't significant. http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/669661662