Need Danish Krag dimensions for a rebuild

European Krags
martellus

Need Danish Krag dimensions for a rebuild

Post by martellus »

Hello!

I have wanted a krag for a while, but only this year I bought two actions - one for an american one off gunbroker, and a danish one from simpsons.

I am rebuilding the danish one as a project, but I am having trouble with getting a hold of a a few details - namely the stock and barrel dimensions. I have read of it being 32 inches long in a few places (dowel or exterior measurement?). But this does not help me with some measurements I am missing - I made an example picture showing the barrel and barrel band dimensions I need. I am doing this for a final project in gunsmithing school, so while not an immediate concern (4 months or so), I want to have everything planned out and ready, and all parts in hand as soon as I can. I hope to get it as close as I can to an original rifle. I will be turning the barrel from a blank, making the stock from a blank as well, and polishing to close to original, then immersion bluing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really cant wait to build this rifle. (And the american one eventually, and then maybe buying a norwegian one....)

RyanImage

coastie

Re: Need Danish Krag dimensions for a rebuild

Post by coastie »

Where are you?
And do you want sporter or military configuration?
Paul

martellus

Post by martellus »

South West Pennsylvania. Looking for military dimensions.

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

I have a few in my gun room. I will try to remember to measure them for you this weekend. You should probably fire me an e-mail to remind me later in the week. :-)

Tom
tbutts64@gmail.com