Sporterized 1896 carbine

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
Aaron

Re: Sporterized 1896 carbine

Post by Aaron »

I will keep that in mind, also I think that's why they also took the magazine selector out. I put one in from Grandpas gun parts. I definitely didn't catch the safety being different either. I cleaned up the barrel as well. Just need to tackle the receiver really good. Also I plan on putting a vintage scope on it for the fun of it.

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Did a little work on the stock tonight. Looks good ImageImage

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

[split] [link=http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1585139188/6#6][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Second coat of varnish. ImageImage

Whig

Post by Whig »

You're going to have a shiny new toy soon. I'm anxious to see the final project!

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Any ideas on a good recoil pad to put on this stock. Could be universal I don't care as long as it looks good and does the job. I do like the leather ones but can't make up my mind

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

IMHO - The original Krag metal Butt-Plate looks best.

At the Range, I wear my stylish Norfolk Shooting-Jacket and a Deer Stalker Cap .... ::)

Actually, I have a couple of heavy 'shooter' sweat-shirts with built in shoulder-padding.

Even in hot weather, I wear a cotton U.S.M.C. style Shooting-Jacket, which has shoulder-padding.

I do have a leather-covered (shotgun-style) Butt Pad. It slips on and is secured with a velcro strap. It can be used on a rifle, but, I haven't found it necessary.

I am not Rambo. I only shoot .22's and pistols, in a 'T'-Shirt.

Whig

Post by Whig »

I use the Pachmayr Decelerator Butt Pads on many of my military rifles I shoot in addition to the Krags because I'll go out and shoot 100 or more rounds at a time and it would give me some shoulder burn if I didn't. They're rubber and slip on and off easily.

Get a set of all three sizes for different size butts (the gun's, not yours). You'll be glad you got these!

Good luck.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/recoil-parts/recoil-pads/universal/d752-decelerator-recoil-pad-prod9749.aspx

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Here she is! Just trying to find the correct band for the front part of the stock and my ammo should be here by the end of the week ImageImage

Whig

Post by Whig »

Man, that's quite a scope for a Krag. The Full Monty!

Looks good to go when you get the barrel band.

Good luck blasting away!