Looking for a sporterized stock

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
psteinmayer

Looking for a sporterized stock

Post by psteinmayer »

Howdy all!

A member here - Stretch32, who's an officer (and F-18 Fighter Jockey) in the US Navy is looking for a stock. He asked me to check around because his deployment requirements means he's rarely online.

Stretch is building a parts Krag for his sister to use for hunting, and is looking for a sporter stock, either cutdown or aftermarket. He would prefer it to have a pistol grip piece attached if possible. He's building a carbine length, complete with a new Criterion carbine barrel. If anyone has an extra laying around that they don't mind parting with... please let me know, and I'll get the info to him.

Thanks very much.

Hoot

Re: Looking for a sporterized stock

Post by Hoot »

I'll check The Dungeon in a bit. I believe I have a cut-down surplus to my needs. Will let you know.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Awesome! Thanks very much.

HeyJoe

Post by HeyJoe »

Being he is a brown shoe this might be a bit old fashioned. Done in 20-30's, needs a good home Missing butt plate, left side modified for Lyman 48. Pistol grip and lightening hole nicely done.
JoeImageImageImage

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Yep... that's pretty much what he's looking for! PM me if you can and we can discuss the details. I can shoot him an email and put him in touch with you.

Thanks Joe

Hoot

Post by Hoot »

I do have a cut-down stock but I'd take HeyJoe's over mine! ;D

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Hi Paul,

Don't know how quickly/effort Stretch32 want's to put in this project but eBay has some nice offerings:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fajan-U-S-1898-Krag-Sporter-Stock-Monte-Carlo/303199920150?hash=item46981fa016:g:lrIAAOSwzBJdEA2A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fagan-U-S-1898-Krag-Sporter-Stock/303259134809?hash=item469ba72b59:g:bO8AAOSw5y9dM08p

If he's looking for move-in-ready than HeyJoe's offering would be a nice way to go!

Stretch32

Post by Stretch32 »

As a brown shoe, I appreciate vintage craftsmanship :-)

HeyJoe,

That looks really nice. Ive got your info, email on the way.

Stretch

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Stretch

Give me a shout if you ever get orders to Horn of Africa. I'll by ya a cup of coffee. It's kinda lonely here in KCA Det. 1. with no shooting of Krags and all.

Culpeper
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Culp... you should remember Stretch. He shot in the Roosevelt with us in 2017, you remember... the year you just showed up and surprised (scared?) the hell out of all of us!