Looking for a sporterized stock

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
Stretch32

Re: Looking for a sporterized stock

Post by Stretch32 »

Yeah, they did a really good job. Precision Bluing in Creedmore, NC did the work. I used them because they were relatively close by and the price was good. It did take a few months but I wasn’t in a hurry.

Stretch

Cat Man

Post by Cat Man »

Hey Stretch,

NICE project. Hard core collectors will be heard to say, "If you drill it, you kill it". And I have passed by modified Krag receivers that were drilled for the offset scope mount.
But your "vintage sporter" with a vintage scope and dark wood finish has caused me to rethink things. If the rifle is already drilled, heck ya, why not redo the metal
and the wood and plug the extra holes with the proper Krag scope mount.
The next time some gun guy buddy wants to give me a "ruined" Krag receiver, I think I may be starting another project.

I'm happy to see you completed the rifle with a GI style M1907 leather sling. Remember I'm the guy that showed you how to use that sling at Camp Perry. I guess the lesson stuck.

Jeff The Caterpillar Man

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Hey Jeff... We hope to see you back at Perry on the line with Greg, Ron and I this year!!!

Stretch32

Post by Stretch32 »

Cat Man,

I remember you very well :-)

You were a big help, along with Paul and all the other guys, helping me learn to shoot CMP Vintage matches. I now buy Turner match slings for every rifle I shoot in vintage matches and had an extra one so I put it on my sisters rifle. I think it's probably a little more complicated than she'll need for deer hunting so I might find her a plain / simple leather sling in the future.

Stretch