Working with some parts

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
Culpeper

Re: Working with some parts

Post by Culpeper »

schnabel
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Doco Overboard

Post by Doco Overboard »

Thanks for the positive comments. I used Mark Lee express blue for the metal finish. Its easy to use and can be applied without an overly elaborate set up.

I tried to mimic the pommel of an early US bayonet for the piece of wood that was added on. The band just barely makes it over it during assembly.

I'm going to get it to the range very shortly to see how it does.

Doco Overboard

Post by Doco Overboard »

Had it out today for a few test shots. Shoots like a dream with my hand loaded ammo.
Two rounds were a little sticky while feeding from the magazine. I had to tilt the box open slightly to get them straightened out but accuracy was way better than expected.

Once bore sighting was done the first three rounds landed into a 1" grid on the sighting target from a rest. I stretched it out to 100 with another 3 shots that opened up maybe to 3-4 times that amount after making some crude sight adjustments.

I"m using 180 g spitzer bullets and 4064 powder. I was working with another firearm at the same time and trying to beat some weather but was happy to observe no brass abnormalities, good ejection and a nice even powder print around the muzzle.

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Has to be a good feeling after all the work to have a fine shootin gun.