Disappearing Icons

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Disappearing Icons

Post by butlersrangers »

I checked the kitchen cupboards, laundry products, and refrigerator, today. There were very few 'Advertising Icons of Yesteryear' in sight.

I am sure the Calumet Baking Powder "Chief" is on the endangered list.
(Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, and Land O Lakes "Mia" are gone).

I could care less about "Captain Crunch".

But, I am worried about the "Sun Maid" and Miller's "Bohemian Girl". I would hate for them to disappear. Both of the ladies are ... well ... Hot!ImageImage

butlersrangers

Re: Disappearing Icons

Post by butlersrangers »

The Gold Dust Twins, Goldy & Dusty, disappeared long before my time, Thank God!
(I did meet an old white guy once, who, along with his twin brother, was put in 'black-face' and photographed for "Gold Dust" advertisements ... his 15 or 7 1/2 minutes of fame).

I am going to miss "Mia" the Ojibwa Maiden.I would go out of my way in the grocery store, just to see her. :'(

That Dutch Gal, who use to "beat the heck out of dirt", seems to have faded into the dustbin of history or moved to Canada.
She use to scare the heck out of me. (I read that the artist used a 'Black' Model for the original graphic. IDK - She looks pretty Dutch to me).

I also read that 'Speedy' and 'Reddy Kilowatt' still appear from time to time. I haven't seen either of them in years.

After the 1980 Olympic Ad, 'Speedy' is lucky that he wasn't sentenced to hard-time in the "P.C. Prison" or made to sit in Reddy's Electric Lap!

Youth must have worked in his favor and insulated him from consequences .... plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is.ImageImageImageImageImage

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

The old and new Savage Firearms logo.

I went to their website and the history of the company is gone along with the story behind the Native American logo. All gone now. I do have a firearm with the original logo on the bolt.

I ought to be upset with Minnesota using the logo of a Viking, which is my ancestry. In fact, I may have bloodlines to Berserkers as I can go into a blind rage. Being a Packer backer it won't take much to be upset with Minnesota anyway. :)
ImageImage

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Nooo ....... say it ain't so!

What's next, 3-M renaming "Scotch Tape"?

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

If you look at Savage Arms apparel they have many items on clearance. It appears that all items with the Native American logo are on clearance at a reduced price. Including apparel that says "I AM SAVAGE". This may be your last chance to buy a new hat or shirt with the original logo.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Now What? .... Run 'trademark icons' run!ImageImage

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

My wife actually has Native American ancestry, I am trying to find more info for her. In the meantime, I call her Ishwaubenon. Loosely translated to "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I guess most wives have 'Native Ancestry', then!

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Alaska Airlines decided to keep their logo with only a few minor adjustments.Image

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Now they've gone too far messing with religious icons.Image