sling for my krag

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
tda

sling for my krag

Post by tda »

i want to put a sling on my krag rifle. i would like to keep it as correct as possible. suggestions, advice?
ps: i have a bunch of photos posted under military rifles. just a couple here, Thanks.ImageImage

butlersrangers

Re: sling for my krag

Post by butlersrangers »

IMHO - I suggest you get a complete butt-swivel and a barrel-band swivel from Granpa's Gun Parts (movieman630 - on ebay).

I would also recommend a reproduction leather model-1907 Springfield sling. The 1907 sling is a lot better for shooting than the various Krag slings.

If you just want a good carry strap and occasional shooting sling, the British canvas 'Mills Slings' (for the Lee-Enfield) will work and are handier than the reproduction U.S. Mills sling.

Mod-1907 sling:Image

Flatlander15

Post by Flatlander15 »

+1 on the 1907 sling. I threw one on today. It looks and feels right at home. Actually, every sling I have aside from one is a 1907 pattern. I got mine here -

https://www.worldwarsupply.com/cart/Leather-Garand-Sling-2

It really is a nice sling. Once it's set, I never change it.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Many of us who shoot in Vintage Rifle Matches with our Krags use the 1907 reproduction sling from Turner's. They are manufactured on the same equipment that made the originals (obtained from RIA), and held to exact standards. Price wise, they're also a great value.