Site maintenance glitch

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Dick Hosmer

Site maintenance glitch

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Just curious - is there a particular reason why this process seems to destroy ID data, and cause reversion to "guest" level? All other personal materials appear to survive the passage, but not that. Thanks.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Site maintenance glitch

Post by Ned Butts »

I will pas this along and see if we can get you an answer Dick.
Is any one else having this trouble?

Parashooter

Post by Parashooter »

After the maintenance you have to log in and allow your browser to accept a new "cookie". Once that's done (if you've checked the "Keep me logged in" option) you should be automatically logged in each time the forum opens in your browser.

kcadmin
Site Admin

Post by kcadmin »

After the maintenance you have to log in and allow your browser to accept a new "cookie". Once that's done (if you've checked the "Keep me logged in" option) you should be automatically logged in each time the forum opens in your browser.

This is correct.
The use of 'Maintenance Mode' is necessary to properly maintain and backup the forum.
We only enable Maintenance Mode when there are not any active users on the forum.
The forum is 'unlocked' into the regular mode once the maintenance is complete but it requires users to update their sessions.

Regards,

josh

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Thank you both for the explanation(s). I did not realize that a new cookie was required after a maintenance session.