Anyone Frequent Gunboards Forum?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Anyone Frequent Gunboards Forum?

Post by butlersrangers »

The Gunboards Forum has undergone a recent major 'facelift'. A lot of the participants seem to like it.

Personally, I liked the old format and found it very easy to scan through and use.

I find the new format very "busy" and difficult to navigate.

No one will care, but, I don't see myself liking or going to Gunboards or Jouster2, anymore.

polska

Re: Anyone Frequent Gunboards Forum?

Post by polska »

I agree, I go to Gunbroker now just to look at the for sale post and gave up on Jouster as it's the same bitter old men arguing about the same things every day.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I'm getting old and I'm a man. I don't want to be a crabby and bitter one.

There is too much of interest to be that way.

The "KCA Team" did a good job in selecting and making the format 'stronger' in key areas. (I do miss the old familiar graphics and easy access to other sections of the site).

I guess it's time for members to try and seek out some of our "regulars", who haven't shown up on the 'reactivated' KCA Forum?

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

The "KCA Team" did a good job in selecting and making the format 'stronger' in key areas. (I do miss the old familiar graphics and easy access to other sections of the site).
That is on our to do list

I guess it's time for members to try and seek out some of our "regulars", who haven't shown up on the 'reactivated' KCA Forum?
I have been thinking the same thing, if any one has contact info for "missing" members, touch base with them and help them get reregistered.

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

When this Krag site was down I Googled it up and found some of you on Jouster2 and kept abreast that way as a guest. I don't know what others did, if anything, to see what was happening. I hope they are not lost to us. I will say that I was "Jones-ing" for a while when this forum was down and it was almost a life style change. :D

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

butlersrangers wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:06 pm I'm getting old and I'm a man. I don't want to be a crabby and bitter one.

There is too much of interest to be that way.

Frankly I think you made a poor marketing decision regarding the brand's (that would be the KCA brand) look. Before it was pleasing to the eye with the blue field and crossed Krags. It had an inviting feel to the subconcious mind. Now everything is whtie, light gray, a darker gray, and black. The wording on the rifle washs out in a field of light gray.

The K in KCA is not pleasing to the eye either. I would suggest using a font closer to the Krag era with serifs if you are trying to go for a near drastic change. The futuristic look if that is what it is seems out of place. Perhaps a modernized old logo could be the heir for the new look

And now to all the Krag lovers. Don't take my words as that of a hater. Come on in and enjoy the company and stay for the friendship with the Greatest Krag Forum on the planet.

Oh, by the way, I am back.

Attachments
yabblogo_26.png
yabblogo_26.png (235.63 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Welcome back Culpeper.

We figured you were lost and despondent in Africa, when the KCA Forum was down for so long.

Steinmeyer went over to Africa, looking for you, in order to do an intervention. (I guess Africa is bigger than he thought or he got eaten by something)!

Well, you're here .... get to work.

porter3861

Post by porter3861 »

I'm a member and sometime contributor to the 1911 Forum (just got my dad's 1944 1911 Colt Gov't model and posted some pics there) and they just did a whole board update. I'm still getting used to it, but it's got lots of pop-up adds which make me feel like I'm on a public facing news sight. I far prefer the organization and set up here a KCA Forum.

Porter

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I haven't been there in awhile, I'll have to check it out. Seems about all webpages change at once! Nearly so anyway. I think at some point I'll become like mom. Now my mom was a smart cookie and kept her wits about her a long time, unlike my ALS/Alzheimer's father. But even she got to a point that she was no longer in a learning mode. I'm getting close. I'm best left with what I'm familiar with. In 6mo I haven't really found my way around this Windows 10 computer! Lots of things I haven't even clicked on! Now where's the like button? :lol: