Add to favorits?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Old Soldier

Add to favorits?

Post by Old Soldier »

I wish to mark some of these posts, to easily find again latter. How do I do that?
" Should it come to war... we shall place our trust in God and our Long Rifles" Continental Congress

FredC

Re: Add to favorits?

Post by FredC »

There maybe a way built into the site to do that. If not here is how I would go about it. Generate a text document to store the internet address for each page you want to keep.
On each post the name of the one posting is shown twice, the one on the right has a little rectangle roughly in the proportions of a sheet of paper, if you right click on that, the 5th item down is "Copy Link". Click on that then paste the link into your word or text document. Save it with a description of what the link is about and you are done. I did that with some of the old site threads but those internet addresses do not work anymore. This new format should be around for some time.

I tried to make an arrow point to the rectangle shaped icon but could not. It is right above the "T" in the first letter of my reply.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

If you go down to to "Post a reply" and go to the right you will see a "wrench" icon. Click on that and you should be able to Bookmark threads

FredC

Post by FredC »

Used the wrench to book mark a post, in just a couple of minutes I found where the bookmark is stored. Click on your log in name and choose "user control panel". Then choose "manage book marks".

I saw there was a manage drafts function, maybe that is where you go to get stuck Private Messages to finally be sent.

I checked drafts and it had nothing to do with Private message, must be for regular posts so you can save your work while you do more research or stuff.

schlafe

Post by schlafe »

That is correct regarding the forum's 'Bookmark' function. This would be the best approach to keep the bookmarks internal to, and associated with your forum account.

For anyone looking to add a post to their browser's bookmarks or acquire a direct link to a post, you can do so by locating the small icon that looks like a piece of paper next to each user name within a post. The icon itself is a direct link to that specific post. You can copy the direct link or add to your browser's bookmarks/favorites etc. by Right Clicking on the icon and selecting said option from the menu (on a MAC you would CONTROL + CLICK for the menu). This will add the bookmark to your browser or allow you to copy and paste the direct link to said post for reference purposes.
Attachments
DirectLinkToPost.png
DirectLinkToPost.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 1245 times