"Chicken" or Wise?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

"Chicken" or Wise?

Post by butlersrangers »

I was stuck behind this 'pokey' woman driver the other day.

I decided to back-off, rather than passing her and risk making eye-contact!

What Would .... You Do?
Attachments
ontario.jpeg
ontario.jpeg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 8358 times

FredC

Re: "Chicken" or Wise?

Post by FredC »

Took a few seconds to figure out the need for caution. Braking with nothing in front was odd, but that license plate. Whew!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I was wise ... Eh?

(I don't know if Texans and people in other parts of North America get the joke in the above short sentence. It may just be a Michigan/Ontario thing).

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Well, assuming it's not a vanity plate, 1000 people have half of it, but she'd be the one to look out for - IF you believe that crap. :o

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

In 2010, Ernie Harwell, long time and beloved Detroit Tiger sportscaster, passed away.

During that season, the Tiger players wore a memorial patch on the sleeve of their uniforms.
A pennant, with the initials "EH", flew beneath Old Glory, during Tiger games at Comerica Park.

My wife and I attended an evening game with professors, staff and alumni from an engineering school.

One lovely lady, somewhat dense on current events, asked if the "EH" banner was a new Ontario flag?
(I'm still laughing)!

Although only separated by a 1/2 mile wide river and sharing a lot of radio and TV programing with Michiganders, Ontario citizens have a distinct accent and many tack an "eh" on the end of a sentence for emphasis, ya know!
Attachments
Ernie Harwell flag.jpg
Ernie Harwell flag.jpg (43.92 KiB) Viewed 8287 times
Ernieharwellpatch.jpg
Ernieharwellpatch.jpg (37.65 KiB) Viewed 8287 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Looks to me like a random number. Back when I was in high school they had always had black and white license plates for Texas, then in 71 they changed to blue and white, our high school colors. To top it off the first 3 letters on the plates for our town were HHS the same as our high school initials. Rival schools in our conference cried FOUL!

On our old ranch truck we had one easy license plate number to remember. Since it is still here I will take a picture .
1EZ#RS.jpg
1EZ#RS.jpg (537.73 KiB) Viewed 8274 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Michigan use to honor a state college each year by painting the annual plates in the colors of a school.

In 1970 they honored my college with our gold and white colors on the license plates.

This didn't work out so well. Visibility was poor, especially in Winter. When road salt mist hit the plates, it was impossible to read the numbers.

The state discontinued this practice, soon after the 1970 debacle.

IIRC - There was another year when convicts peed in the paint at our state prisons and the plates soon "peeled".

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Glad to see urine top of these things!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

A matter of perspective, Fred's 'Demon Truck' ..... "666 ZE1" ..... Fred, Burn Those Plates!!!
Attachments
Texas Plate.jpg
Texas Plate.jpg (79.46 KiB) Viewed 8216 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

BR,
You are good, I got a couple of minutes of good belly laughs out of that one. Fixed this one up with a pulley repair, new tires and other minor stuff. Was going to use it as a mud truck on the ranch as I bought a new Dodge 3/4 ton. 3 miles after the repairs the pulley split, the belt wrapped around the transmission cooler lines and broke them. Limped in and parked it. Now it is full of rat's nests literally. Meant to salvage the engine, transmission, tires and 12,000 pound receiver hitch. Could burn the whole truck and haul off the remains now.