Gun Broker hurts my brain!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Gun Broker hurts my brain!

Post by butlersrangers »

I spent about an hour looking at postings on GB today. It has to be a downright scary and perplexing place for the 'new guy', just starting out with Krag rifles and carbines.

I especially noticed numerous 'cut-down' rifles, billed as "real carbines", in the $1,400 to $1,800 price range.

It is truly amazing what little useful information is conveyed in some of the descriptions and photographs.

It is not a case of 'innocent ignorance' on the part of the 'Seller'.

IMHO - Some of the 'Sellers' are somewhat knowledgeable and without scruples in order to be so skillfully evasive and deceiving with their photos and 'song & dance' descriptions.

I guess GREED is alive and well, with some sellers seeking $1,000-Plus profit, on a 300 to 400 dollar gun!

Dick Hosmer

Re: Gun Broker hurts my brain!

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I know what you mean, but don't ignore the apparent "cutdowns". I have struck gold in that hole, not once but twice. As to the prices, I'm thinking there MAY be a bit of a resurgence going on. Prices are way up on old toy trains - another vice of mine.

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

Actually with the country shut down there are more people poking around on the internet looking at whats for sale, if only to entertain themselves. The caveat is that there are too many folks without full incomes let alone disposable [toy] income. The other part of this is GB sales should be down and prices sellers post should go down too. If you see something interesting thats not selling give the seller a email and make an offer. Guy had a dedicated AR .22 for sale, I asked him if I could just get the upper, he said sure. Saved some money, no paperwork and now I have a nice 300 blkout /.22AR. Ask for more photos. Ive had sellers make me offers after Ive shown interest. Do your homework and you wont get snookered [usually].

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

You are right, Dick. If you know what to look for, gems can be found online.

It's just the apparent deceit and lack of honesty that riles me.