Hunting Season is fast approaching!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Re: Hunting Season is fast approaching!

Post by FredC »

Quote "He could be a "Snow Bird" from Michigan?"

Br,
Not big enough to be from Michigan, unless the big ones drove out a runt.

A couple of bucks locking horns. First time I ever saw this on the game camera. They did not keep it up very long, a couple of frames later they go their separate ways.
Attachments
LockHornsRS.jpg
LockHornsRS.jpg (597.41 KiB) Viewed 723 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Very neat game camera shot!

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Hunting season is now fast ending. Been getting my 15 year old son out for muzzleloader deer season. This was the 3rd weekend we could hunt and is considered the late Winter season when you can use any unused tags in Illinois. He got his 8-pointer tonight. Took a while to find it in the dark. Glad we were able to recover it and to not leave it to the coyotes. The little bit of snow we got helped. 4-8 more inches on the way Saturday.

The very last season is mid-January. I'll see how the weather is to fill my tag with a muzzleloader. Then again, I might just stay in where it is warm.

Good way to end the year....venison for the freezer.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Congratulations to your son, and Happy New Year to You and your Family!

FredC

Re: Hunting Season is over!

Post by FredC »

This buck was seen last week and showed up again today. The first time I saw him I thought what a runt, but his antlers looked fairly large.
Same impression today we watched him walk by the office window then he went in front of the shop where some feed had been spilled. i am guessing he is 3 and one half feet at the shoulder. I will ask him to stand still while I get the tape measure next time. Our south Texas white tails do not get very (unless they have been on some kind of feeding program) big but this one takes some kind of cake for being small.
Attachments
RuntBuck.jpg
RuntBuck.jpg (426.44 KiB) Viewed 591 times