1917A1 gas gun build.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Baltimoreed

1917A1 gas gun build.

Post by Baltimoreed »

While a 1917 Browning is a tad late the fellow who sold me the gas gun parts for my build emailed me some pix of his latest build, a Potato Digger which is very correct for the Krag. Thought you would enjoy. Full auto, no atf and you dont have to reload a thing but you do have to get your tanks refilled. ImageImage

butlersrangers

Re: 1917A1 gas gun build.

Post by butlersrangers »

That's pretty neat 'Baltimoreed', but, please explain what a "gas gun" does?

Mock Firing Simulator?

I'm 'clueless'.

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

That would be correct, uses propane and air mixed in a combustion chamber/barrel [1/2 in pipe] and a bit of electronics to open and close the 2 valves and make a spark to ignite the mix. The flame and report exits the barrel. Rate of fire is controlled by adjusting the gas mix and ignition. A re-enactors toy. Figure it would be a neat prop at WB shoots. They usually use demilled weapons for these builds. Many years ago I saw a semi 1917a1 at the Raleigh gunshow for 5000.00, i wish I had bought it now.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Wow!

Looks like you could really cut the cheese with that gas gun!Image

FredC

Post by FredC »

Wonder if a gas gun could be used to toast mosquitoes on the wing? There is water standing in the grass around my irrigation reservoir. A couple evenings ago I had to walk past the area, could hear the mosquitos several hundred yards before I got there, intensely loud when I got closer, almost ran to get away from there.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Thanks for explaining.

I do like the mock Model 1895 Colt.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Here's the best way to get rid of mosquitoes:

mavt

Post by mavt »

Picture above reminded me of this story from 2016:

A sharpshooter killed a top ISIS executioner and three other jihadists with a single bullet from nearly a mile away -- just seconds before the fiend was set to burn 12 hostages alive with a flamethrower, according to a new report.

The British Special Air Service marksman turned one of the most hated terrorists in Syria into a fireball by using a Barett .50-caliber rifle to strike a fuel tank affixed to the jihadis back, the UKs Daily Star reported Sunday.

The pack exploded, killing the sadistic terrorist and three of his flunkies, who were supposed to film the execution, last month, the paper said.

The ISIS butcher -- who reportedly delighted in burning hostages alive -- had been on a US kill list for several months, sources told the paper, which did not identify the sniper or the executioner.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Here's the best way to get rid of mosquitoes:

What's not to like toasted mosquitoes and a suit to keep them from sneaking up from behind.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Do the Mosquitoes get large in Texas?

I thought they were big and bad in Michigan, but, last Summer in California's San Joachim Valley, I got a lesson!

The little 'buggers' took Liberal amounts of blood. I wasn't immune to their enzymes and the bites broke out into red welts. The bites cleared up in a couple hours, but, the itch was maddening, while it lasted!

Mosquitoes that size in Michigan are immature and can't bite. I gained respect for California rural areas and learned, that with Mosquitoes, Size Doesn't Matter!Image