1917A1 gas gun build.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Re: 1917A1 gas gun build.

Post by FredC »

You got me beat there, nowhere near that big. Sometimes they make some pretty big blood spots when you swat them. Hard to compare size when you have not been every where.
Last week there were a lot of them. Last night (10:00PM) I was pumping water out of that low spot and went out to turn off the pump, did not hear any mosquitoes but lots of frogs. The water early in the day looked like it was boiling, must have been tadpoles. Not sure if the mosquitoes had already gone to bed or the frogs and tadpoles had done them in.
Next time I am out there at dusk I will find out.

Baltimoreed

Re: 1917A1 gas gun build

Post by Baltimoreed »

This is how my grip and trigger assembly turned out. In case theres a problem with the switch I didnt want it to be inaccessible with everything welded like Im planning so I did it this way. Theres a piece of brass piano hinge between the vertical and horizontal plates. My first design had 8 screws, nuts and angle steel to hold the endplate on but nothing was welded. I will use one screw on the top to hold the end plate door closed. Still waiting for an aluminum 2.5x24 inch plate to arrive that my gas controls will be mounted on. The recvr and water jacket will slide over it. ImageImage