Wider front sight?

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
bote

Wider front sight?

Post by bote »

I've been practicing with different sight combinations. It seems the 1902 with the notch works best for me. Just can't see the aperture. I think a wider front sight would help and the CMP rules allow up to .100". Anyone know of a source for wider front sights for the Krag? I bought some for a 1903 a few years back.

Griff557

Re: Wider front sight?

Post by Griff557 »

I was kicking around the same idea and someone referred me to
Bill Bentz...dcm450shtr@gmail.com I contacted Bill and he said he could make one but I havent ordered one yet

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Made my own that's the same height and contour as the original, but .075" wide, with the bottom the same width as the original slot. I also bought a 1902 sight that someone else had already filed a V-notch into. The combination works pretty good with my VA glasses. I can see pigeons on the roof of a church about 150yds distant with the latest prescription for my right eye!

Whig

Post by Whig »

If I needed a new one, I'd use an old penny like the old timers used to do!

bote

Post by bote »

Bill Bentz made some 1903 sights for me a few years ago. I'll contact him about a Krag sight. I've tried a few combinations. What works best for me so far is the 1901 with the skinny front sight barely showing in the notch.

Olpeddler

Post by Olpeddler »

You Might try Skinner sights. Their website describes each of the front sights they sell