CMP krag barrels

U.S. Military Krags
gew98

CMP krag barrels

Post by gew98 »

I got my Krag 99 carbine barrel from CMP. Criterion mfg , looks gorgeous. In the white , tapped for rear sight and dovetailed for issue front sight. Will go to my smithy this weekend.
For $209 delivered it's worth the price to get it on target again !. They even offer rifle length barrels in military contour as well.

Zac952

Re: CMP krag barrels

Post by Zac952 »

I'm interested in seeing some pictures once it's done, specifically of the front sight base. I also would like to know if the standard screws work for the sight as iv heard they are a different thread.
I'm planning on getting one of these eventually and would like to know what kind of work it will take to get everything looking correct.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Please do keep us informed. I would ask if they (CMP) provide the 8-32 screws with a Krag profile. I do not really like the idea of forcing original Krag screws into the 8-32 tapped holes. I did set up a fellow to make screws for flint lock reproductions they use entirely UN sized screws many are 8-32. It would be nothing for him to run a batch of Krag profiled screws and send them off to case hardening. Drop back and punt I could run both styles in Krag profile and have him case them with his runs.

gew98

Post by gew98 »

I'll post here again when it's all done and give the feedback.