Kids getting on your nerves?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Kids getting on your nerves?

Post by butlersrangers »

Classic American Parenting from the 1950's: Take the young nippers for a ride!

The 'open' tailgate draws carbon monoxide into the rear cargo area, where the most obnoxious of the kids naturally want to ride.
The colored arrows indicate the first to succumb. Soon, all the children will be asleep.

That's how parents coped, back in the day. Better Living through Chemistry!
Attachments
carbon monoxide taking effect ed.jpg
carbon monoxide taking effect ed.jpg (86.87 KiB) Viewed 384 times

polska

Re: Kids getting on your nerves?

Post by polska »

In my family, whenever we all went to the beach, all the kids would pile into the back of a pickup truck and go flying down the highway.
God! those were good times.

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

Unless you were one of the kids in the pickup bed when your drunken Uncle Willy wrecked it.

polska

Post by polska »

Didn't have an uncle Willy and nobody was drunk. Sounds like you had a sad childhood.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Could be someone else's drunk uncle that rear ends you at the traffic light and pushes you in front of an oncoming semi. That was a horrific scene when most were buckled up south of Seguin a few years ago. I think a few survived.

Back to the original funny post. We put my son to sleep may times by going for a drive. Cannot remember all the details, but I think we put his car seat between us.

Any time the back door came open in the Jeep Cherokee exhaust gas was evident right away, not sure if it safe to drive with that back window open might put everyone to sleep. Maybe not if all the windows were open. I am probably over thinking this again.