New Board on the Horizon

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Dick Hosmer

New Board on the Horizon

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I know I am not the only person here who also has at least a passing interest in the .45-70 "trapdoors". After many years, Al Frasca is going to take a WELL-deserved retirement, and his landmark bulletin board will be gone. But wait, the GOOD news is that it will be reborn in a new format, run by John Spangler. It will be in a style VERY similar to this one (same software "parent", phpBB) and will be a HUGE improvement over Al's board, because it will be fully-functional, allowing the posting of pictures, never before available to us on the old board. Changeover should occur before the end of the month.

butlersrangers

Re: New Board on the Horizon

Post by butlersrangers »

That sounds like a wonderful development for 'trap-door' enthusiasts!

P0H0

Post by P0H0 »

Sounds interesting — I would like to learn about the Springfield Trapdoor.

RickM

Post by RickM »

Please post up a link when it’s up and running
I also own two Trapdoor carbines,
one being an Indian owned Tac Trapdoor.

kenm

Post by kenm »

Add me to the list to learn about Trap Doors as well.

Mike4MSU

Post by Mike4MSU »

As a trapdoor owner, glad to hear

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

It's up and running - this should take you there: https://armscollectors.com/trapdoor/bb/

I understand that eventually the old URL will work, or at least that is the plan, as I understand it.

For the last week, I have been feverishly copying what I felt were useful posts from the 20,000 filed since 2011 (earlier stuff has been gone for along time). All of the features on the board, EXCEPT the old forum posts - which I feel was the most important feature - will be available. I DID copy the ENTIRE list of 20,000 posts, so, while most of the files themselves will be gone, there WILL be an "index" which might be of some help for those who remember talking to someone about something but couldn't remember who it was, etc. Sketchy I admit, but way better than nothing.