Clyde Barrow's Krag discussion

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
butlersrangers

Re: Clyde Barrow's Krag discussion

Post by butlersrangers »

A mighty lot of guns are connected to the Bonnie & Clyde saga. I'd say the Barrow Gang had "issues".

You have an interesting collection. I hope your KCA experience is of some help. I think your nice 'school rifle' adequately covers the Krag niche.

It is ironic, what with all his attraction for fire power, that Clyde was attracted to a Krag 'hunting rifle', hanging on a moonshiner's wall.

Maybe he'd had an early life experience of shooting or hunting with a loved relative's Krag?
Attachments
a_little_krag-2.jpg
a_little_krag-2.jpg (442.05 KiB) Viewed 10448 times

cantgrowup

Re: Clyde Barrow's Krag discussion

Post by cantgrowup »

My KCA experience was a GREAT help! I feel much more comfortable with my Krag for my B&C collection. I can't thank you guys enough.

As for Clyde's interest in the Krag... that came right at what I consider a turning point in his guns of choice. Those pictures were taken prior to their stay at Joplin, when the Barrow gang used mainly shotguns, revolvers, small Colt semi-autos, and few rifles... stuff they could buy or steal from hardware stores or underworld connections like "Baldy" Whatley. It was while staying in Joplin that he stole his first BARs (and likely 1911s) from an armory. If he'd had a BAR at the time those pictures were taken, it would have been leaning up against the bumper, too! After Joplin, he dealt primarily with BARs and 1911s although he always kept a Browning Auto 16g at his side. Their shotguns continued to include Rem 11 12g and 20g, and even a Win Model 12 16g).