New Krag Carbine

U.S. Military Krags
FredC

Re: New Krag Carbine

Post by FredC »

I was real busy with a breakdown when this thread started. That is sure a nice looking carbine. With all the details commented on not only looks but very certainly original as can be with rebuilds in it's history.

The guys forgot to tell you something they always used to tell newcomers. Krags can be very addictive. Smooth cycling, eye appeal. Lots of fine qualities.
Yours looks so nice I would be tempted to get a faux carbine for your everyday shooter. Butlers rangers can supply links to the ones he has and the ones he has put together from odd parts.

Then there is that nice rifle in your future that is so nice you will want to get a rifle that is not quite so nice as a shooter.
After that there are BooF rifles and more rabbit holes.

Did I mention that Krags can be addictive?

Welcome to the KCA.

tke466

Re: New Krag Carbine

Post by tke466 »

FredC wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:13 pm I was real busy with a breakdown when this thread started. That is sure a nice looking carbine. With all the details commented on not only looks but very certainly original as can be with rebuilds in it's history.

The guys forgot to tell you something they always used to tell newcomers. Krags can be very addictive. Smooth cycling, eye appeal. Lots of fine qualities.
Yours looks so nice I would be tempted to get a faux carbine for your everyday shooter. Butlers rangers can supply links to the ones he has and the ones he has put together from odd parts.

Then there is that nice rifle in your future that is so nice you will want to get a rifle that is not quite so nice as a shooter.
After that there are BooF rifles and more rabbit holes.

Did I mention that Krags can be addictive?

Welcome to the KCA.
Well I am looking for a Gallery Practice!

Jeremy