Secret Lives of the Amish

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Re: Secret Lives of the Amish

Post by butlersrangers »

Dick, who has a "squeeky clean image" ... me ... or the Amish?
Attachments
fake mike.jpg
fake mike.jpg (93.14 KiB) Viewed 211 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Br,
I thought the thread was pretty funny. I still wanta know did the horse stop at the sign. I have hit deer that did not stop.

Lately Ford and Chevy have been showing off their hands free driving. Passing hands free while clapping their hands, really. I might trust the horse more than technology. That driver probably could nap while the horse was doing his running the route.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Why should the Horse stop?
It is not a 4-Way Stop and he does have the Right of Way.

Then again, the Buggy Driver may have stopped him, because the animal is controlled by instinct and does not have a Free Will.

In fact, the Buggy and Boat may be 'stopped' right where we see them.

There could be a lively discussion going on in that Buggy, about exactly what to do, in order to be in compliance with Scripture?

Should the State have the power to control the Brethren's movements?

Is this not Government tyranny enforced by Uniformed Officers? Should there be Conscientious Objection?

They better come to an accord or there could be a schism in the congregation. Half the group might 'split-off' and go to the Amana Colonies!

I respect them. It cannot be easy Being Amish. (.... and the Women don't have buttons on their garments and hold things closed with straight pins .... OUCH)!

p.s. In the days of the Horse & Buggy, 'Drunk Drivers' made it safely home. (The Horse knew the way to carry the sleigh, usually).
Attachments
kid.jpg
kid.jpg (68.75 KiB) Viewed 203 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

My bad, there was no stop sign for the horse unless it is out of frame behind the boat motor.
The photo is still funny even though I messed up.

I would still trust the horse more than hands free driving and way more than driving while napping.