A woman with (LOTS of) guns

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Dick Hosmer

A woman with (LOTS of) guns

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Every once in awhile I visit YouTube to watch the shooting videos. Some are AWFUL, but some are great. Last night, while watching snips on the Lewis LMG of WW1 (one of my all-time lusts if I had the $$$$) I blundered into one of a young woman shooting ALL sorts of milsurps (including a Pedersen device). Search on "Mae shoots". If you were scared off by the title of this post, don't be. Most "girls with guns" vids are some redneck's giggling bimbo in 6" heels and dressed for the bedroom. Not Mae - she's a wholesome-looking girl-next-door type, who has an amazing tolerance for recoil. I think you'll like her - and the guns! She demonstrates loading and safety operation for every weapon used in the "97 gun" episode. You'll see a lot of pieces you've only heard of. Enjoy . . .

MooseNugget

Re: A woman with (LOTS of) guns

Post by MooseNugget »

Thanks Dick,

Mae has been the topic of many KCA posts!

Her "Minute of Mae" on the C&Rsenal channel, gives a nice short review of all those old WWI milsurps that we know and love.

C&Rsenal also did a lengthy Krag review that was included with their Primer History of Small Arms used during WWI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQAqNqaiQwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GQBJ-kXD5w

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Well, not the first time I've been late to a party! Anyhow, I find her vids most enjoyable!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Yup ... We all like to watch Mae shoot & smile!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

To say nothing of jiggle (tastefully) under recoil . . . I suppose I should have my mouth washed out with soap for that . . .

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

A Woman, who has everything? ... well, she's cute ... and you gotta like a girl, who is knowledgeable and enjoys shooting guns!
Attachments
Mae with Pedersen Device.jpg
Mae with Pedersen Device.jpg (80.29 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
ammo for Pedersen 1903.jpg
ammo for Pedersen 1903.jpg (231.09 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

waterman

Post by waterman »

Never thought I'd see such a photo. What does she use for ammo? 7.62 mm French Long pistol ammo?

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

And she can rock a Chauchat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rytljXQdYPs

Attachments
Minute of Mae - Chauchat.jpg
Minute of Mae - Chauchat.jpg (90.18 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

waterman

Post by waterman »

Culpeper wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:05 am And she can rock a Chauchat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rytljXQdYPs

Where does anyone find enough functioning 8 mm Lebel ammunition to make a Chauchat fire? Does the Lebel N ammo from the 1930s fit properly in a WW1-era chamber?

waterman

Post by waterman »

I watched her fire the Chauchat and then let the video run. Very pleasant watching her jiggle about with the self-loaders, but disappointing when she shot the Krag. Her mentors must never have taught her (maybe they did not know themselves) that US & British repeaters were designed to be cycled with the rifle held to the shooter's shoulder. Emptying the Krag from the shoulder in less than 10 seconds is a great demonstration.

The Air Service '03 wore her out lifting the rifle for every shot. She should have tried that from the shoulder.

I was a bit concerned about range safety and the filming. Hopefully, the camera was on a tripod and controlled remotely with some of her shooting.