A woman with (LOTS of) guns

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Culpeper

Re: A woman with (LOTS of) guns

Post by Culpeper »

Where does anyone find enough functioning 8 mm Lebel ammunition to make a Chauchat fire? Does the Lebel N ammo from the 1930s fit properly in a WW1-era chamber?
PPU makes 8mm Lebel. I have two cases of it and fourteen Chauchat magazines. Now that I'm no longer making mad money I cannot find a Chauchat rifle for sale.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/8mm-lebel
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

RicKrager

Post by RicKrager »

Well, I looked her up and started with the one hour plus video of the 75 firearms of WWI. Oh dear. There goes a large part of an otherwise busy Saturday. Worse, I still have time on the clock in order to finish the series. Thanks for passing that along. In our town I resurrected a woman's shooting program that had been lost in time. The program was to be run by the ladies and instructed by them - in other words, no guys. That went well. Mae is living proof to any Neanderthal that ladies are capable of being downright scary with pistols and rifle, given a chance. In these dangerous times I wish for all the ladies to be as skillful & confident as Mae. Let’s encourage them when possible. The zips are in the wire.

Hunza

Post by Hunza »

watching her shoot the pedersonmade me realize that the 7.65 french long is the same cartridge. and dang close to the new 30 super carry.

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

My youngest daughter shot handgun and rifle "across course" with me as well as hunted. She was one of the more apt students I ever had and picked up most styles and weapons easily. If her daughter is as good she will be a shooter
20160221_124100.jpg
20160221_124100.jpg (896.72 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
Practice sighting ignore no eyewear
20160221_145149.jpg
20160221_145149.jpg (599.47 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

waterman

Post by waterman »

She needs a Lewis Gun.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

As her one of many KCA dutch Uncles I think she needs a Berthier. And since that is a hop, skip, a jump from a Chauchat I say... SHE NEEDS A CHAUCHAT! Yay!!!
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I am way too old, way too poor, and live in the wrong state, but if I ever go around again, I'm going to try and get a Lewis!!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Dick - Here's a couple of Lewies's ....
Attachments
Lewis-Lincoln.jpg
Lewis-Lincoln.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
Louis Armstrong.jpg
Louis Armstrong.jpg (19.34 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

waterman

Post by waterman »

Dick Hosmer wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:51 pm I am way too old, way too poor, and live in the wrong state, but if I ever go around again, I'm going to try and get a Lewis!!
There are a few of them here in The People's Republic, but their possessors keep them out of sight. There are even a few 97-round magazines.
And maybe one of the Marlin conversions of a potato digger.

Hunza

Post by Hunza »

the title..... A Woman with a lot of guns..... reminds me of the newspaper add the farmer posted while looking for a wife..... Farmer looking for long term relationship and wife,applicants must own a tractor. please send pics of tractor!