The State of Krag Forums Address

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Culpeper

The State of Krag Forums Address

Post by Culpeper »

I stopped by Jouster to have a look at the Krag forum. Haven't been there since December last year. I saw your declaration Mr. Hosmer. It would appear that forum really is dead. Too bad. I used to hang out there until Iraq and Afghanistan distracted me.

Then I started watching here, CMP, castboolits, and a bit over on gunboards. But you know, things got less interesting for me when Rifle Company went defunct.

Dear lord. I'm geezering again.

Do you guys see any drop off at other Krag forums?
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Re: The State of Krag Forums Address

Post by butlersrangers »

I have given up on Jouster.

I find Gunboards and Milsurps very disappointing, in regard to Krag content.

Any 'forum loyalty', that I feel, resides here.

... actually it's probably time to shoot more, tinker with guns, and do more reading and reloading ... and stay off the internet.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I stopped going to Jouster years ago. Too many ass-hats with far too much BS for my liking! I prefer it here where the really great Krag peeps reside...

Whig

Post by Whig »

I have enjoyed reading through all of the old posts about Krags on Jouster. Years ago there was a lot of activity and Joe Farmer would show up and bring a lot to the discussion. I haven't even gone there for about 4-5 months and checked anything. I only see a Gun Boards post about Krags once every two or three months, it seems. Many are about Norwegian Krags, I think. I use Gun Boards for other mil surp interests and some selling since I don't use Gun Breaker anymore. They charge tax and other costs which I gave the thumbs down to earlier this year.

My favorite is when we get a new poster with a Krag they want information about. We all seem to be pretty good at helping newbies learn all about their new treasure!

Olpeddler

Post by Olpeddler »

i agree with Whig. Since acquiring my model 1899 Krag carbine in 2019, nearly all the knowledge I have learned about ammo, reloading, shooting, and caring for my rifle has come from this Forum.

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Pretty good peoples here