Surgical recovery, shooting and hunting. All experiences welcome

For poking fun and off topic subjects
RickyG

Re: Surgical recovery, shooting and hunting. All experiences welcome

Post by RickyG »

Too many pills already and at least ole sparky still works.

Im sure im not the only one here with physical challenges

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

PT visit 3 this morning, I dislike my therapist lol... also too many people wanting to chat... compare scars and such. How about let me suffer through these exercises so I can get back to life karen... huh whatcha think. And no I don't want to see how well your c section scar is healing susan. Too much sharing :roll:

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I know how you feel. There was that time I came down with pinkie toe nail cancer. I asked the Doc if it was terminal. He said most people survive the operation as far as the reported cases showed. I fainted dead away when he pulled out some fearsome clippers. But in a faction of a second I was cured. Toe nail cancer free for more than thirty-five years.

However one of my favorite routines is acting like gnat brained drooling mouth breather when I don't want to talk with dumb people who can not shut the heck up. (which happens to be 98 per cent of the time) It goes like this.

Them: Blah blah blah

Me. ah'll sho you ma lobotome scar if'en u sho me yours

Works every time. Try it.

And I am reminded maybe you should ask to compare episiotomy scars. Give it it a thought. The end result is you get a laugh and they leave you alone.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, then have a frontal lobotomy.
Attachments
Boo.jpg
Boo.jpg (680.76 KiB) Viewed 1367 times

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

So? Did you get the green light from the Doc?
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Therapist said no i see dr monday. My left brain says forget it but my right brain says do it

Old Soldier

Post by Old Soldier »

My surgery was nothing like yours. Simple rotates cuff fix. Doc put me on the couch for 6 weeks! We don't have a TV. He sternly admonished me NO SHOOTING. Ya right. As soon as I could shoulder a rifle, I was shooting a .22 in my yard.

Hang in there Pard.
Have you been back to VA to have your disability adjusted? You can you know.
" Should it come to war... we shall place our trust in God and our Long Rifles" Continental Congress

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Post op sept 6.... still have a lot of deep aching pain. Dr said is normal. Said my range of motion is outstanding given where most are at this point. I guess my pain tolerance helps that. He still has me at 5lb weight limit and nixed my deer hunt which was supposed to start this Friday. Said I am in what he calls the be careful stage.

Really wanted to put a deer in the freezer

And no haven't been to va in years... would injuries as a Peace Officer count towards va stuff? If so i didn't know that

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

RickyG wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:29 am ... He still has me at 5lb weight limit ...
Water is eight pounds to the gallon. The glass jug is one pound. So using my toes the arithmetic says u kin drink a half gallon of corn squeezin's with no harm to your shoulders.

You're a lucky guy.

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

That's good mathmatecials