Surgical recovery, shooting and hunting. All experiences welcome

For poking fun and off topic subjects
RickyG

Re: Surgical recovery, shooting and hunting. All experiences welcome

Post by RickyG »

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll likely keep this thread open as my progress will take quite some time.

Others are welcome to share their experiences and any modifications they have had to make to keep doing what makes us us.

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Thanks,

As an aside.... a get well basket full of krag ammo and stuff would surely make me feel better. :D

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

You funny guy, GI.

:)
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Well boy howdy pt was not much fun this morning..... just relax while i take this brand new shoulder and stretch it to breake loose the scar tissue.... omg.

On the other side therapist is on board with getting me hunting even if I have to step down from 308 to the krag carbine

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

1st day out of the house for an extended period, went to the gun show. Was in bad shape time I got home, between my back and shoulder.

Was a good trip, made a couple bucks, got another high standard pistol, 22short supermatic trophy complete with barrel weights and an older guy I talk a lot tracked me down and gave me 15rds 180grain 30 40 he found for me.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Goodness, brother. I think I have been blessed with relative good health. My time is coming though. I can look forward to maybe a heart attack or a life ending stroke. But breaking down bit by bit scrares the heck out of me. I could not imagine having to have parts replaced and living with the pain.

Eck!
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Well, much of this is the result of a severe on duty injury. The shoulders are related to a fall I took due to the spine injury. Health wise I am pretty good. I do have an aortic aneurysm which is not large enough to operate but I don't worry much on it. God will make that decision not me.

I would like to stop hurting, I can't deny that but there is always someone worse off.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

So how often will you need to see the therapist?

RickyG

Post by RickyG »

Day 2 was today. Still not enjoying it. Currently am scheduled twice a week until the 19th and the surgeon will decide if more is needed then.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Maybe a little pill will aid the process ... or create a distraction?
Attachments
little blue pill.jpg
little blue pill.jpg (210.63 KiB) Viewed 1955 times