commercial 30 40 availability?

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
MooseNugget

Re: commercial 30 40 availability?

Post by MooseNugget »

Kab,

I’m all for starting a grassroots effort to try and encourage ammo manufacturers to crank out .30-40 Krag!

In the mean time…have you tried posting a WTB (wanting to buy) Krag ammo on some of your local internet platforms like Facebook and such. I’ve had some success with a local site called Alaska List that allows listing guns/ammo for sale. Unfortunately, sites like Craig’s List don’t allow gun sales.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

kab37 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:06 pm ... I must admit to being sorta of a one trick pony, selfish about wanting to buy what I can't make. Here in the people's republic - aka MA I can't even find a member of my club who will reload even if I buy the dies. Do you have any ideas ?

-Kab
What could be their objection to reloading for a fellow shooter? All they would have to do is stand there while you pull the lever or you stand there while they pull the lever. I do it for a friend of mine. He buys all the fixins for his brass and we use my press and die set. But like I said he is part of the process in making his own reloads.

Just to be nosy, how much brass do you have that needs reloaded?
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Hunza

Post by Hunza »

https://dallasreloads.com/about/

i don't know anything about the above company. i just used duck duck go and searched for custom ammunition re loaders in Texas. would something like this work for those that won't reload?

Hunza

Post by Hunza »

Hunza

Post by Hunza »

https://hendershots.net/product/3040-kr ... stom-ammo/#

here is another custom manufacturer that already lists 30 40. there are many more to choose from i am a little surprised at the many custom ammunition reloaders or manufacturers i found. :o

kab37

Post by kab37 »

Gentlemen, thanks to all for replies.
1. Dallas wants $450 to start up, then ammo will be priced.
2. Henderson says not available.

Culpepper, I too was amazed at lack of support. In my club my '03 s a criousity and my '51 Navy got a comment from a state trooper (before I let him shoot it ) "can you hit anything with that ?"

- Kab

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Which begs repeating the question. How much do you need to reload? You do keep your brass right? I might be convinced to make a trip if you have enough that needs reloaded. I wouldn't be able to justify a trip for a box or two.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

kab37

Post by kab37 »

Culpepper, probably some 60-100 rounds. had a friend reload some, he just traded brass. Some new, some old.

- Kab

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Fair enough. You do have an avenue for reloads.

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

Link deleted, questionable site, possible scam.
Last edited by MooseNugget on Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.