Large not white tail deer (exotics)

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Re: Large not white tail deer (exotics)

Post by FredC »

Well, my neighbor's wife killed a big one for these parts. I am guessing his dressed weight is about 150 lbs. They had a little trouble lifting it into the back of the 4 wheeler.
Leslie took the shot while leaning on the north wall of my house. The buck was down the cliff and about 40 yards out. Off hand shot. Whole family was involved. I understand the shot was taken from outside the window where the turkey photo was taken during the early days of the pandemic I was working in the shop and we heard the shot from here.

The big 10 pointer that we have seen is similar in size to this buck. The first time I saw the 10 pointer was with 10 power binoculars from almost the same place Leslie took her shot. Maybe the 10 power magnification is why I thought he was so big. Less than 40 yards away and from the elevated vantage point surely helped make him look bigger.
Hambone&Crew.jpg
Hambone&Crew.jpg (725.85 KiB) Viewed 16084 times
LeslieWithHer BuckRS.jpg
LeslieWithHer BuckRS.jpg (816.05 KiB) Viewed 16084 times
TurkeyRS.jpg
TurkeyRS.jpg (579.66 KiB) Viewed 16084 times

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Thems thar som gud eats.

It's always nice to see the results of a successful hunt. Especially with kids.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Your lady neighbor harvested a mighty nice Buck.

I can't help but notice regional differences in hunting technique and clothing.

Texas Hunters would certainly laugh at Michigan Hunters, dressed in our Blaze Orange Snow Suits!

But, southern Michigan farm crops and Oak forest acorns feed some big Whitetails!
Attachments
db buck.jpg
db buck.jpg (1018.36 KiB) Viewed 16074 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

I helped a young lady change a tire this afternoon and she had a yard full of oak trees dropping many pounds of acorns plus the corn she feeds the deer. These southern whitetails are supposed to be genetically equivalent to your monster bucks up there, but ours will never come close to the weights you all see. Gotta blame our summer heat.

I think their intention was to sit in the blind at the bottom of the cliff, but the buck was already out there when she rounded the corner of my house. Her husband offered to let her rest the rifle on his shoulder while she shot. She preferred to shoot off hand. Parking the 4 wheeler in my drive and walking down a trail on the cliff is the best way to get down there without spooking the deer.