eddystone 1917

Other Firearms
La Riviere Du Plain

Re: eddystone 1917

Post by La Riviere Du Plain »

Thanks. We will see if I go over and check it out in person in a couple weeks or so.

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

I believe BR is spot on with his appraisal.

An nice cleaning and a replacement stacking swivel will do it justice.

Many P-14 rifles were also marked with a white within a red band to signify that it was to be used for drill purposes (DP) only. Receivers and other parts were marked DP as well.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

MooseNugget wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:44 pm Here’s the link I used for the date of manufacture which indicated May 1918:

https://oldguns.net/sn_php/mildateslook ... 917edd.dat

Let’s split the difference and say it was manufactured between May 15th to June 15th.
I put the date and time as Tuesday, June 11th, 1918 between 1200 and 1300 local time. That was only five days after D-Day. Of course there were parallel production lines so I cannot get it down to a fictitious minute of time.

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/mo ... &country=1

I used a few constant velocities. 1. There where about 84928 rifles made that month. 2. A constant of 2831 were produced each day. 3. A constant of 118 each hour.

Hey Kids! Stay in school! Math is fun! Because Ol' Uncle Culpeper says you, too, can grow up to make believe that life has purpose beyond the internet when in fact you are DOOOOOOOOOMed. DOOOOOOOOOMed!!!!!
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

Right on Culp! I bow to your superior thought processes!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

MooseNugget wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:46 pm Right on Culp! I bow to your superior thought processes!
Thank you! But more like...

"I bow to your superior rantings of a lunatic mind!"

Fixed it for ya'.

:D
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Whig

Post by Whig »

My Eddystone Model 1917 Rifle has been through arsenal rebuild. The serial number shows that the receiver was made in 1918 and the barrel has the ordnance bomb and 9-18 on it but has a "W" stamp. The bolt has the ordnance bomb and an "R" stamp. This is a rebuild but is in great condition. Bore is excellent condition. The neatest thing about mine is that the rebuild stamp on the stock is O.G.E.K in a rectangle which means that it was inspected by the great Elmer Keith! I feel honored to have a rifle that he inspected long ago. I have not shot this but need to do so someday. Interesting sleeper milsurp rifles.