interesting article

For poking fun and off topic subjects
King carp

interesting article

Post by King carp »

This article was posted on another collectors forum. I thought it was pretty interesting. If there are any Krag Phillipine constabulary rifles to be found they would probably be in one of the stacks of weapons in the article. The condition of those rifles might be questionable!
https://gunsmagazine.com/guns/a-garand-adventure/

scottz63

Re: interesting article

Post by scottz63 »

Man, what fun to dig through that pile!!!
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Wow! Some Filipino entrepreneurs are missing the boat by not becoming "Amigo's Gun Parts".

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

A number of years ago, when I first read the article, I got the impression that the writer seemed amazed that certain gratuities needed to be exchanged before government officials would allow things to transpire. I know that bribes are not as prevalent/obvious (accept for Washington D.C.) in our country but bribes in most other countries are an accepted way of doing business. To go to the Philippines' not knowing this seems rather ignorant.
Attachments
bribe.jpg
bribe.jpg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 21647 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Many Americans grew up in a 'bubble'. It was a good and nice bubble. A person's "Word" and a "handshake" could be relied upon.

Nothing was worse than being dishonorable!

Some of us still live by and treasure that code, that makes us pretty vulnerable.

How do you deal with those who do not respect, but knowingly exploit the code?

We are no longer allowed to call them out, spank them, punch them in the nose, tar & feather or just plain shoot them!