Interesting Listing on ebay redefines "Receiver"

U.S. Military Krags
Whig

Interesting Listing on ebay redefines "Receiver"

Post by Whig »

"springfield krag 1898 Barrel 22 Inches Long With Bolt Housing Attached"

"Bolt Housing". It's called a "receiver". And, if it is a Model 1898, it is most likely illegal to sell on ebay. But, who cares what's legal?

My new hero. "Bolt Housing". Very original. Also- "Use the pictures to judge for yourself". Very clever. And it has bids and will sell. I need to do this!

I've seen many firearm receivers sell illegally on ebay over the years. I once even reported one to ebay to see what they would do. It sold without them taking it down. But, I've been santioned for selling "illegal" things on ebay before which was bogus.

Oh, well. Life goes on. Too many laws and rules anyway!

http://tinyurl.com/4dpd24ad
Attachments
s-l1600.jpeg
s-l1600.jpeg (169.97 KiB) Viewed 3185 times

MooseNugget

Re: Interesting Listing on ebay redefines "Receiver"

Post by MooseNugget »

Lol, very funny!

For years individuals have been trying to find loop-holes in the law or change the narrative in attempts to make something seem acceptable.

An example of this is the recent resignation of Harvard President Claudin Gay. Instead of plagiarism the phrase "Duplicate Language or Content" was used to explain Claudia's use of written material, in her own research papers, that had not been appropriately credited to the original authors. The idea is that her thoughts just happened to coincided with another's way of thinking on a particular subject. Hmmm :roll:

Maybe we can sue eBay for allowing misrepresentation of items listed for auction!

Currently Hersey's is being sued for 5 million USD for false advertising because of their Halloween Reese's peanut butter cups shaped like a pumpkin with a Jack-o-Lantern face. According to the plaintiff the actual candy was shaped like pumpkin but did not have a Jack-o-Lantern face causing a tremendous amount of grief! My goodness please pay the poor thing for their suffering! :roll:
Attachments
Pumpkin Reese's.jpg
Pumpkin Reese's.jpg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 3155 times

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

"Bolt Housing" That's funny! Lol
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I am not a 'policeman' for eBay or for governments, foreign and domestic.

"Badges! ... We don't need no stinking badges"

Whig

Post by Whig »

As an FFL dealer who has to follow numerous laws regarding the disposition of firearms, I am extra sensitive to violations. But, I agree, I'm not ebay "Police"!

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

As a former police officer, I wonder if eBay has their own police force? Maybe I can apply for a job and get my own stinking eBay deputy badge!
Attachments
Deputy Dog.jpg
Deputy Dog.jpg (5.66 KiB) Viewed 3071 times

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Just off the top of my head I thought of "bolt sleeve" and "bolt shroud". The words don't mean much, and if you state that "you get what you can see", including a bit of the nasty vile item in just ONE of your pics, it would seem to make all things possible. In the case of the Krag, the law is ESPECIALLY bogus, since 152669 is a paperweight and 152671 is a death-dealing device easily capable of being converted to full-auto fire . . . .

rustychip1959

Post by rustychip1959 »

What is the cut-off date for selling a "bolt housing" before all the paper work is necessary?

Whig

Post by Whig »

An "antique" firearm, that does not require FFL registration and can be sent directly to the buyer, is any firearm that was manufactured before January 1, 1899. With Krags, the generally accepted cutoff is a serial number of 152670 and lower is considered "antique" and a serial number of 152671 and higher needs FFL transfer.

rustychip1959

Post by rustychip1959 »

Thank you, sometimes I see stuff listed as Curio and Relic, so that would 1899 or older?